Following the specification of Designdex Architecture & Design, KBAC Flooring has provided both the flooring and access flooring for the new Sandton offices of a leading financial digital advisory company. Three of KBAC’s flooring suppliers’ products were used to cover the new high-tech access flooring also installed by the company.
KBAC, currently in its 50th year of operations, is the sole SA supplier of Interface and it was the products of this global company – the world’s largest modular flooring producer – which dominated the flooring. The Interface ranges used were:
* Interface Net Effect B601 – “Atlantic” colour. Net Effect – which typifies Interface’s sustainable philosophy – is a carpet tile collection sourced from discarded fishing nets collected in the Philippines by fishermen and then sold to Interface’s yarn supplier. The blue range of carpet tiles was used in the offices of the Sandton company.
* Interface Urban Retreat One UR102 – “Granite” colour. Urban Retreat – used here as field carpet – is a dynamic collection of carpet tile products sorted into pattern studies that range from refined textures to broad organic forms.
* Interface Human Connections Kerbstone – “Granite” colour. Human Connections – specified by Designdex with beige inlay for the leisure areas of the offices – is an Interface flooring system that innovatively incorporates nature’s elements into commercial environments.
* Interface Human Connections Moss – “Slate” colour. The green-coloured moss tones of this Interface range were ideal for the office’s “chill areas”.
* Interface Level Set Woodgrains luxury vinyl tiles – “Beech” colour. Interface’s Natural Woodgrains LVT styles offer the look of classic wood in 18 colourways and here it was ingeniously applied in both herringbone and straight installations.
In addition, the Designdex design called for Interface Level Set Woodgrains and Level Set Stones LVTs to be cut into small pieces for installation in the walkways in three colours: “Beech”, “Cedar” and “Polished Cement”.
Next to the Interface Level Set Woodgrains, Wineo 800 Craft “Dark Mosaic” premium-design flooring was specified for the office’s meeting pods. KBAC Flooring is also the sole SA supplier of this resilient and sustainable German flooring range inspired by the built environment which, with a robust 0.55mm wear layer, is ideal for commercial property installations as well as domestic applications with heavy loading.
As final floor covering, Flagstone, the new LVT offering from The Vanguard Collection, which also mimics the built environment, was installed in “Glacier” colour in the entrance and office break-away area.
As the floor surfaces of the vacant offices were extremely uneven, new KBAC Access Flooring was installed throughout to facilitate successful installation. KBAC Flooring is now along with its extensive product line also handling direct sales of access flooring and this Sandton office project showed how KBAC clients can now benefit from the provision of a full turnkey flooring package.